Look Sharp No Sharps Program (LSNS)
The Look Sharp No Sharps (LSNS) program was initiated by ACNBA in 2008 as a response to the growing concern about discarded needles turning up throughout North Bay. These needles or sharps have the potential to infect or injure someone who may accidentally jab themselves on them. Children were determined to be the most vulnerable. Their curiosity could cause them to handle a found needle rather than leaving it alone.
NEW LSNS PROTOCOL INTRODUCED (as of August 2016)
Under the new protocol ACNBA staff will no longer be attending needle pick ups.
Look Sharp No Sharps (Revised) Protocol
- Look Sharp No Sharps (LSNS) is ACNBA’s harm reduction program that encourages North Bay area residents to call us when they’ve found a discarded syringe or syringes in their community.
- Upon receiving a call an ACNBA trained volunteer will be notified and will arrive on the scene as soon as they are able and safely remove the syringes. (from March to November)
- Calls can be made to the ACNBA office 705-497-3560 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am – 3:30 pm Friday.
- Calls can also be made to the LSNS Needle Phone Hotline 705-499-6827 from 8:00 – 7:00 pm Monday to Friday and 12: 00 pm – 7:00 pm on weekends.
- An alternate option is to take found needles (once safely contained in a plastic pop bottle, juice bottle, jar or sharps container) and taken to the North Bay Hazardous Waste Depot during business hours.
- All needle calls are kept confidential.