The Hep C Team is funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care to provide Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) care and treatment services that will help curb the spread of HCV by ensuring that people are diagnosed and treated for HCV. Studies have shown individuals followed by a team are 90 % more successful at completing HCV treatment.
We currently have 2 treating HCV physicians in North Bay Dr. Scott Shulman and Dr. Stéphane Gauthier.
Here is a rundown of our team and what we do!
- Community Coordinator: Kristina Rancourt
- Establishes and leads a Hepatitis C network within the local community , bridging and addressing gaps within the health, social services, and legal sectors to enhance community collaboration and coordination of services that affect people living with/at risk of acquiring HCV.
- Provides case management and practical support assistance such as food vouchers, hygiene kits, vitamins, meal supplements, transit passes, and holiday hampers to individuals on HCV treatment.
- Organizes HCV referrals and initial intake process.
- Outreach Worker: Brandy deGaia
- Delivers education and training sessions.
- Provides support services to individuals, such as going to appointments with clients and helping people on the computer.
- Organizes & runs different outreach programs such as street outreach and peer support programs.
- Psycho-Social Support Services Coordinator (Counsellor): Tina Mooney
- Provides holistic counselling, assessments, consultation, and education for clients and/or families, as well as education services for staff and/or volunteers.
- Helps individuals with referrals, advocacy, housing issues, etc…
- Provides substance use counselling as well as referrals/assessments for Methadone Maintenance Program, Substance Use Treatment, and Opiate Replacement Therapy.
- Treatment Nurses: Keri McGuire-Trahan & Kelsey Secord
- Provides individuals with education on Hepatitis C and their health.
- Prepares the client prior to treatment.
- Supports the client managing the side effects during treatment.
- Provides follow-up to address side effects and medications after treatment.
- Provides vaccinations and immunizations.
If you have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com, call 705-497-3560 Ext 213, or come in and see Kristina!
Have a wonderful day!